04 - Primary research to generate ideas for a media service.

The target audience of my new service is going to be aimed at 15-30 year olds.. My service is going to be a You Tube channel on reviewing different TV shows with my friend. I decided to make this particular service because I feel I understand a lot about TV shows as I'm always watching them so I will be able to talk about them.
Step 1 -  For my service I will be making a You Tube channel and I will be talking about and reviewing TV shows and whether they are realistic and would this actually happen in everyday life, I will be also give a rating scale on how good I think the TV show was and I will also do a different rating scale on different things in the film. for example if the TV show is comedy I will do a rating scale on hoe much comedy was used and whether it was funny, whereas if it was a horror TV show I would rate how scary or gory it was. Focus group -



Questions –




1)     What’s your favourite type of TV show?



2)     What do you expect to see in this TV show?



3)     What do you like about TV shows?



4)     What makes you want to watch on?



5)     What kind of videos do you watch on YouTube?



6)     What typically happens in TV shows?



7)     What are your favourite TV shows?



8)     Do you watch any YouTube channels?



9)     What do you find interesting about them? What
makes you want to watch them?
  You Tubers that review TV shows
Binge watchers –

Binge watchers reviews many different TV shows and series on
Netflix they have around 21,000 viewers on YouTube. Binge watchers looks as if
he uses a tripod to film himself. During his videos he shows clips and pictures
from the certain TV show he is reviewing and talks over the top as the clip is
playing. The fact his not constantly on the screen makes it more interesting as
his not only just showing his face his including other thing in the video. I
don’t think I would do much differently as what he does it is what I was
looking at doing with my YouTube videos. Binge watchers reviews a range of
different TV shows and series so I would say there is a certain target audience
set. It compares to other similar products as they all talk about the same
parts and they are all set out in the same way.

Jeremys T.V. show reviews –

In Jeremy’s YouTube videos we can see that he has set up a
tripod to film himself speaking. As Jeremy is talking about certain characters
or TV series he edits the videos so that an image of it will pop up in the
background. Jeremy speaks clear and loudly so everything he says makes sense.
He is always constantly looking straight at the camera. His videos aren’t too
long or too short. They keep you interested and don’t drag on. However I feel I
would include certain clips in my videos and talk about certain clips as well
as using images. Jeremys channel appeals to the target audience as all the TV
series are suited for that target audience. It compares to other similar products
as

Chris stuckmann’s TV series reviews –

The final TV show reviewer I will be looking at is
Christopher Stuckmann. Chris Stuckmann has 1.4m subscribers. Again in Chris’s
videos he uses a tripod but also throughout his videos he shows clips from the
show his reviewing. This keeps it interesting for the audience as we can see
what he is talking about. The thing that works well about his videos is how he
makes sure his keeping it interesting for the audience and includes a lot
during his videos. All the shows he reviews suit a certain target audience
which will appeal to them as they are shows they will all be watching. It
compares to other similar products as most tv show reviewers show clips from
the show they are reviewing.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

05 - secondary research

10 - evaluation

06 - target audience