01 - Enterprise Skills

Working at a hairdressers I must use many enterprise skills to ensure I keep up with safety hazards and welcoming customers. Using initiative: At work I always have to make sure I ask all the customers if they would like a drink, I also have to make sure I'm always available in case I am needed to help out with one of the stylists. I have to put all the colour boxes in order and make sure I empty the washing basket when ever it's full. I have to be aware of any safety hazards around the salon, for example if water is spilt on the floor then it in my hands to make sure this is cleaned up so no one slips over. Working independently: Many of the above cover this to, however if all the stylists are busy then I have to take care of the front desk and make sure I book and check all the correct appointments and when taking a call I have to make sure I answer all the customers questions and book appointments correctly. Applying self-motivation to perform tasks: When competing in a Show jumping competition I managed to clear a round of 70. I then went into the class above but didn't manage to complete all of the jumps which disappointed me. I then practiced and motivated myself to complete this and next time I managed to complete the whole course. Self - evaluating ability to meet demands: When working in the salon early I sometimes notice I am not working my best and slack a little, so next time I worked I made sure I put all my effort in to meet all the demands needed. Working with others, delegating, compromising: I know I can work very well when put or made to work with others. I feel this because I am very capable of working on my own and I have learnt all the skills very well. this way when working in a group I know what skills to use and how to help others if needed. Applying communication, interpersonal, written communication skills: I am very capable when applying communication skills. This is because one of my main demands at work is to welcome customers and offer customers drinks. I also have to answer questions, take calls and book appointments. Problem solving: At work I am sometimes needed to mix up products. When doing this I need to work out how much of each product I need to put in and what colour number is needed. When booking appointments I sometimes need to add up all the treatments and work out the prices, sometimes when there are offers I need to work out how much money needs to be taken off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

05 - secondary research

10 - evaluation

06 - target audience